Monthly Newsletter — October 2020

Section used for public information, notifications and requests.

___Patrol Car Ride-Along Requests;
___East Los Santos Station;
___Santa Clara Valley Station;
___News Room; and
___Internal Affairs Complaint Form.

Moderators: LSSD Executive Staff, LSSD Command Staff

Aiden_Linwood
LSSD Supervisory Staff
LSSD Supervisory Staff
IG Names‏‏‎: Aiden Linwood
Employee Nr: 21663
Assignment: Sheriff's Information Bureau
Timezone: GMT+2
LS-RP Forum Name: Bytu

Monthly Newsletter — October 2020

Post by Aiden_Linwood » November 1st, 2020, 11:49 pm

MONTHLY NEWSLETTER
THE OCTOBER 2020 OFFICIAL RELEASE
SPACER
Newsletter Introduction
October 2020

Welcome to the Monthly Newsletter of October 2020! October 2020 was a busy month for our entire Department, we saw many changes both major and minor, such as changes into the department's leadership and implementation of new field procedures.

This month also came with some resignations, most notably Sheriff Mark Hellmold's retirement on the 5th of October. Sheriff Hellmold had a 37-year long career with the department and worked in a variety of different positions and Bureaus throughout his career in the Administrative Services Division. He joined the Executive Staff in May 2017, when he got appointed as the Assistant Sheriff for Administrative Operations.

Now with November approaching, we would like to remind everyone that our department has done a fantastic job in proudly serving the community, and we are so grateful that they are a part of our family. So here's a thank you to all of the men and women who work in our department, every single one of you is doing something great! You cannot realize how proud we are of your remarkable results! The most important thing, remember that we're a family as much as we're co-workers. Remember to take care of each other, and look out for one another

As we move into November we here at the Sheriff's Information Bureau hope to continue our mission of transparency with the public and within the department by continuing to publish monthly newsletters and press releases, to help keep you up to do date on critical departmental changes and the department's activities.

Hopefully, you enjoy this month's publication. We always welcome feedback and ideas, if you have any feel free to contact us via the department's intranet page. As always we wish you all nothing but the best and a happy Novemeber!

A/Captain Oscar Avilla
Sheriff's Information Bureau

SPACER
Statistics for October 2020
October 2020

As for our quarterly Department statistics report, we are pleased to announce the Department's current staffing stands at 121 across the board. We have compiled our statistics report which is up-to-date. We look forward to enhancing these numbers in our upcoming statistics report. We thank every Department member for their continuous contributions in their respective assignments.

Administrative Services Division Statistics

TRAINING BUREAU
  • Bureau Staffing
    • CAPTAIN — 1
      LIEUTENANT — 1
      SERGEANT — 5
      DEPUTY SHERIFF — 22
  • Bureau Command
    • CAPTAIN — ALONSO RAMIREZ
      LIEUTENANT — TBD
      SERGEANT — BIANCA ESTEVAS
      BIU LIEUTENANT — EDWARD KENNITH
      RTU LIEUTENANT — KAYNARD RHODES
      WTU LIEUTENANT — OSCAR AVILLA
  • Bureau Inductions
    • BACKGROUNDS INVESTIGATIONS UNIT: 0
      RECRUIT TRAINING UNIT: 6
      WEAPONS TRAINING UNIT: 3
      TOTAL: 9

RECRUITMENT STATISTICS
  • Applications
    • RECEIVED — 32
      DISQUALIFIED — 18
      ACCEPTED — 14
SHERIFF'S INFORMATION BUREAU
  • Bureau Staffing
    • A/CAPTAIN — 1
      LIEUTENANT — 1
      SERGEANT — 0
      DEPUTY SHERIFF — 3
  • Bureau Command
    • A/CAPTAIN — OSCAR AVILLA
      LIEUTENANT — TBD
      SERGEANT — TBD
  • Bureau Inductions
    • COMMUNITY ORIENTED POLICING SERVICES: 2
      ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS: 0
      MEDIA DESK: 1
      TOTAL: 3
FIELD TRAINING PROGRAM
  • Program Staffing
    • CAPTAIN — 1
      LIEUTENANT — 0
      SERGEANT — 2
      DEPUTY SHERIFF — 3
  • Program Administration
    • CAPTAIN — ANTHONY MCNEAL
      LIEUTENANT — TBD
      SERGEANT — OSCAR AVILLA, EDWARD KENNITH
  • Statistics
    • FIELD TRAINING PROGRAM GRADUATES — 4
      FIELD TRAINING SCHOOL GRADUATES — 5
BASIC SERGEANT SUPERVISORY SCHOOL
  • Program Staffing
    • CAPTAIN — 0
      LIEUTENANT — 12
      SERGEANT — 7
  • Program Administration
    • CAPTAIN — TBD
      LIEUTENANT — Peter Serrano, Travie Kruger, James Durham
      SERGEANT — TBD
  • Statistics
    • SUPERVISORY SCHOOL INDUCTEES — 0
      SUPERVISORY SCHOOL GRADUATES — 6

Patrol & Detective Operations Division Statistics

EAST LOS SANTOS STATION
  • Station Staffing
    • CAPTAIN — 1
      LIEUTENANT — 1
      SERGEANT — 9
      DEPUTY SHERIFF — 39
  • Station Command
    • A/CAPTAIN — ALEJANDRO FRIAS
      LIEUTENANT — FERNANDO PONCE
      SERGEANT — MALCOLM GARDNER
SANTA CLARA VALLEY STATION
  • Station Staffing
    • CAPTAIN — 1
      LIEUTENANT — 2
      SERGEANT — 5
      DEPUTY SHERIFF — 40
  • Station Command
    • CAPTAIN — PETER SERRANO
      LIEUTENANT — OCTAVIA GONZALEZ
      SERGEANT — TBD
HOMICIDE BUREAU
  • Bureau Staffing
    • A/CAPTAIN — 1
      LIEUTENANT — 1
      SERGEANT — 1
      DEPUTY SHERIFF — 8
  • Bureau Command
    • CAPTAIN — KEITH HYLAND
      LIEUTENANT — KIM SAKAI
      SERGEANT — TBD
  • Clearance Rates
    • CASES INVESTIGATED — 8
      CASES SOLVED — 4
      CASES GONE COLD — 1
OPERATION SAFE STREETS BUREAU
  • Bureau Staffing
    • A/CAPTAIN — 1
      LIEUTENANT — 0
      SERGEANT — 1
      DEPUTY SHERIFF — 11
  • Bureau Command
    • A/CAPTAIN — ALTHEA DEWYNTER
      LIEUTENANT — TBD
      SERGEANT — CINDY HAYNES
Professional Standards Division Statistics

INTERNAL AFFAIRS BUREAU
  • Bureau Staffing
    • A/CAPTAIN — 1
      LIEUTENANT — 1
      SERGEANT — 5
  • Bureau Command
    • A/CAPTAIN — NIALL WOODS
      LIEUTENANT — TBD
      SERGEANT — TBD
  • Investigations
    • USE OF FORCE REVIEWS — 0
      ADMINISTRATIVE INVESTIGATIONS — 0
      CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS — 0
Special Operations Division Statistics

AERO BUREAU
  • Bureau Staffing
    • CAPTAIN — 1
      LIEUTENANT — 2
      SERGEANT — 6
      DEPUTY SHERIFF — 11
  • Bureau Command
    • CAPTAIN — JACOB TANNER
      LIEUTENANT — TBD
      SERGEANT — TERENCE HOLDEN
      DEPUTY SHERIFF — COLT JOHNSON
  • Flight Operations
    • FLIGHT HOURS LOGGED — 50 HOURS, 29 MINUTES
SPECIAL ENFORCEMENT BUREAU
  • Bureau Staffing
    • CAPTAIN — 1
      LIEUTENANT — 3
      SERGEANT — 14
      DEPUTY SHERIFF — 19
  • Bureau Command
    • CAPTAIN — BRUCE FELDHAUS
      LIEUTENANT — SCOTT EDSON, MASON HOWARD, MICHAEL SULLIVAN, JAMES DURHAM
      SERGEANT — TBD
  • Deployment Operations
    • DEPLOYMENTS — 49

SPACER
Department Upgrades and Promotions
October 2020

The Los Santos County Sheriff's Department blindly supports career progression. Without any delay, this is the list of the promotions within the month of October 2020:

• Assistant Sheriff Serenity Wyatt was promoted to Sheriff, assigned as Sheriff, Office of the Sheriff

Cmdr. Justin Hayes was promoted to Division Chief, assigned as Chief, Special Operations Division

Capt. Francis DeMarco was promoted to Commander, assigned as Area Commander, Detective Division
    Capt. Kamron Crayton was promoted to Commander, assigned as Area 1 Commander, Administrative Services Division
    Capt. Marcus Nazario was promoted to Commander, assigned as Area Commander, North Patrol Division
    Capt. Richard Trejo was promoted to Commander, assigned as Area Commander, Central Patrol Division

Lt. Niall Woods was promoted to Captain, assigned as Unit Commander, Internal Affairs Bureau
    Lt. Anthony McNeal was promoted to Captain, assigned as Coordinator, Field Training Program
    Lt. Bruce Feldhaus was promoted to Captain, assigned as Unit Commander, Special Enforcement Bureau
    Lt. Peter Serrano was promoted to Captain, assigned as Unit Commander, Santa Clara Valley Sheriff's Station

Sgt. April Leslie was promoted to Lieutenant, assigned as Operations Lieutenant, Traffic Services Bureau
    Sgt. Octavia Gonzalez was promoted to Lieutenant, assigned as Operations Lieutenant, Santa Clara Valley Sheriff's Station
    Sgt. Timothy Klement was promoted to Lieutenant, assigned as Tactical Support Team Commander, Special Enforcement

Dep. (Bonus I) Connor Hackett was upgraded to Bonus II, assigned as Recruit Training Unit Sergeant, Training Bureau
    Dep. (Bonus I) Emilia Smith was promoted to Detective, assigned as Detective Mentor, Homicide Bureau
    Dep. (Bonus I) Brian Lorenzo was upgraded to Bonus II, assigned as Detective Mentor, Detective Division
    Dep. (Bonus I) Robert Walker was upgraded to Bonus II, assigned as Detective Mentor, Detective Division

Dep. Emilia Smith was upgraded to Bonus I, assigned as Probationary Detective, Homicide Bureau
    Dep. Marshall Crow was upgraded to Bonus I, assigned as Probationary Detective, Detective Division
    Dep. Connor Hackett was upgraded to Bonus I, assigned as Field Training Officer, East Los Santos Sheriff's Station
    Dep. Dacquan Woodard was upgraded to Bonus I, assigned as Field Training Officer, East Los Santos Sheriff's Station
    Dep. Julia Ryan was upgraded to Bonus I, assigned as Traffic Field Training Officer, Traffic Services Bureau
    Dep. Amber Peterson was upgraded to Bonus I, assigned as Probationary Detective, Homicide Bureau
    Dep. Robert Larkin was upgraded to Bonus I, assigned as Field Training Officer, Santa Clara Valley Sheriff's Station
    Dep. Sean Hofmeyer was upgraded to Bonus I, assigned as Field Training Officer, Santa Clara Valley Sheriff's Station

Dep. Trainee Jamie Page was promoted to Deputy Sheriff, assigned as Patrol Deputy, East Los Santos Sheriff's Station
    Dep. Trainee Santiago Gerardo was promoted to Deputy Sheriff, assigned as Patrol Deputy, East Los Santos Sheriff's Station
    Dep. Trainee Jacob Becker was promoted to Deputy Sheriff, assigned as Patrol Deputy, East Los Santos Sheriff's Station
    Dep. Trainee Hazel Sullivan was promoted to Deputy Sheriff, assigned as Patrol Deputy, Santa Clara Valley Sheriff's Station
SPACER
Deputy of the Month
October 2020

The Deputy of the Month of October has gone above and beyond in his activity as a Field Training Officer, maintaining a proper learning environment for the Deputy Sheriff Trainees! Congratulations to:

DEPUTY SHERIFF (BONUS I) JOSEPH STANLEY

Deputy Stanley will be awarded a Distinguished Service Award for his dedication in the Field Training Officer, becoming one of the most active FTOs this month. He got involved in the Training Bureau's activity, as a Recruit Staff Instructor Deputy, working with the recruits since the first day of academy. As soon as the Trainees got assigned to a station, he shared his experience with them, becoming a great mentor for them. More than that, Deputy Stanley showed great field performance by proudly serving his community. Well done, Deputy!

SPACER
SPACER
Meet the Field Training Program — Captain Anthony McNeal
October 2020

Please introduce yourself: I'm Captain Anthony McNeal and I currently am the Coordinator of the Field Training Program, the program that oversees the learning process that the Trainees are being part of. I oversee and run the activity of the Field Training Officers, along with the FTP Administrators and Operations Team members. I have been with the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department for 23 years now. I started out as a Deputy Sheriff Trainee like all others working custody at Twin Towers.

What does the Field Training Program do?: As the name itself says, the Field Training Program trains the fresh blood out of the custody service in the field. We are striving to take the trainees from the bottom and bring them up to become successful deputies. Our Field Training Officers and Master Field Training Officers are working hand to hand in order to maintain the quality of the Daily Observation Reports a superior one and make sure no mistake slides.

How many promotional opportunities does the Field Training Program offer? Tell us more about every position’s responsibilities: I personally advanced through the ranking structure of our department through the Field Training Porgram. After becoming a Field Training Officer, I immediately joined the Management Team, “FTP SAC” so it was called then. After passing the Basic Sergeant Supervisory School I was appointed as a Field Training Administrator, then to Assistant Coordinator, and finally the Coordinator.

So all that being said, I believe that the Field Training Program does offer quite a lot of promotional opportunities for the department’s deputies. As soon as you become an FTO you get your bonus assignment and are a normal FTO. The Master Field Training Officers handle Trainee’s files and check Daily Observation Reports filled in by others. They make sure the trainee gets their phase advancement or extension in the given time frame. The Field Training Program Administrators handle Management Recruitment, they are the points of contact for a Trainee if they have any issues with the program or with a Master Field Training Officer personally.

Then we have the Operations Sergeant, along with both the Assistant and the Coordinator. They all handle and push the changes for the Field Training Program itself, and listen to their team’s suggestions.

In conclusion, I encourage every Deputy who would like to go through the ranks in the department to join as we have some free spots in the Management Team!

Is there anything in the works for the Field Training Program?: Since I have been appointed as the program’s coordinator, many changes have taken place already and I believe that everything is headed in the right direction as of now. However, yes, we do have some plans for the future which include, but are not limited to: Trainees phases modifications, Daily Observation Report modifications and so on. I will not go into much detail as some of the plans are private and can not be given to the public just yet.
SPACER
(( Office of the Sheriff's Closing Letter ))
October 2020

Hi, all.

We've finally managed to make it past this one month, and I hope all of you are doing well. This is the part of the thread that I imagine people either visit the thread for or completely skip; either or. This month would now mark the first month in which I am leading this faction, and more or less alone in the sense of Executive Staff rostering as well. So far I would say that everything is working and going relatively well; a lot of credit obviously goes to the various Command Staff members who keep their own select parts of the faction running.

Executive Staff is really more just an extension of the Command Staff duties, where you end up going into a managerial role and just oversee things. That is primarily what I do, and with the current pace of the faction, I believe that there is no need for any additions at this point in time, mostly due to the massive increase in influence that comes with this position, which isn't something I think needs to be generously distributed at this point in time, as it would not bring any benefits.

The following topics are subjects I spoke about with people individually, so a part of those things may not be new for some of you:

It's probably easy enough for most of you to conclude the fact that I'm a pretty dormant player and mostly oversee things, and truth is that I've been tired of playing and being on this game for over one year now. The reason I'm not quitting is that I feel that I have an obligation to keep the faction up and running for the sake of trying to make a more or less fun experience for those who still play this game. I know I've had my time here, so I'll just try to improve everyone else's while I'm still around. My departure will eventually follow, potentially by the end of this year or so.

I would've also done a survey by now if it weren't actually a pretty bothersome process for the hundred or so people that we have here, but the consensus I'm getting is that people are content with the current 'democratic' system that we're following. I'm not sure for how long I'll be around, inclusively on this game, hence I've spent some time making a handbook for Executive Staff where I go into the faction's recent history and things that new Executive Staff members need to know, should someone else happen to come in charge.

Faction-wise, it seems that people are relatively content with the prioritization of fun, instead having to fill out gigantic real-life inspired table forms just so we can brag about how great we are at replicating things which aren't always very applicable in this game. At the end of the day, we may end up shooting ourselves in the foot over something that nobody else other than our own faction members is able to notice. There have also been quite a few resignations which I'd attribute with the general state of demotivation that is concerning the server at this time, seeing as most of those who resign leave the server. Hopefully we'll get past that.

Thanks to everyone who is part of and/or supports the faction. I hope you've had a good Halloween; take care.

Dropper.
SPACER
(( Faction Spotlight ))
October 2020

Finally we reach the end of the newsletter, and like every month we'd like to highlight those who've put the time and dedication to the faction, thanking them for their efforts. While our member count might be lower then it was last month or two months ago, our activity and drive haven't dwindled in the slightest.

Without further ado, let us look into the faction statistics and who our most active members are:

• FACTION ACTIVITY

TOTAL FACTION MEMBERSHIP COUNT — 119 members
    TOTAL ACTIVITY HOURS PER DAY — 139 hours
    AVERAGE FACTION ACTIVITY — 1.15 hours
Now, we'll be looking at this month's most active members:
  • 1. Deputy Sheriff Hazel Sullivan — 6.8 hours average activity!
    2. Deputy Sheriff (Bonus I) Amber Peterson — 6.64 hours average activity!
    3. Deputy Sheriff (Bonus I) Robert Larkin — 5.84 hours average activity!
    4. Lieutenant Octavia Gonzalez — 4.89 hours average activity!
    6. Deputy Sheriff Owen Dorsey — 4.42 hours average activity!
Activity leads to productivity and that the activity you're most avoiding contains your biggest opportunity. It has become one of the best traditions of this faction to recognize and thank the most active members of this faction. It is always heartwarming to see new names among the most active members of the LSSD during this month.

We would like to sincerely congratulate and thank Hazel Sullivan for their continued activity and invested interest in this faction. Sullivan is once again the most active member of the LSSD for the month of October!

We would like to thank the above-mentioned faction members who went above and beyond to help the faction and contribute massively to its activity. The above-mentioned faction members upheld the faction's standards in the process and provided top-quality roleplay to the server while helping the faction achieve its Out of Character mission.

As always, the rest of our thanks go to our members who also mirror the above-mentioned faction members and help the faction achieve its Out of Character mission — hopefully next time we will see more new names joining the ranks. We ask all the members of this faction to try their best in pulling out all the stops and contribute to the faction's growth and success.

Thank you once again for reaching the end of our monthly newsletter. We ask you to keep visiting for more newsletters and updates regarding the faction. We wish you a productive November full of multiple opportunities and joyful moments.
Last edited by Aiden_Linwood on November 2nd, 2020, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
LIEUTENANT AIDEN LINWOOD
(Acting) Unit Commander, Sheriff's Information Bureau

Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"

Marcus_Nazario
LSSD Command Staff
LSSD Command Staff
Employee Nr: 19481
Assignment: North Patrol Division
LS-RP Forum Name: westham

Re: Monthly Newsletter — October 2020

Post by Marcus_Nazario » November 1st, 2020, 11:50 pm

Congratulations.
DIVISION CHIEF MARCUS NAZARIO
Chief, North Patrol Division

LIEUTENANT SAMUEL LOERA
DETECTIVE BRANDON PRESCOTT

Aiden_Linwood
LSSD Supervisory Staff
LSSD Supervisory Staff
IG Names‏‏‎: Aiden Linwood
Employee Nr: 21663
Assignment: Sheriff's Information Bureau
LS-RP Forum Name: Bytu

Post by Aiden_Linwood » November 1st, 2020, 11:50 pm

Congratulations!
LIEUTENANT AIDEN LINWOOD
(Acting) Unit Commander, Sheriff's Information Bureau

Raymond_Sorrento
LSSD Field Staff
LSSD Field Staff
Employee Nr: 21383
Assignment: East Los Santos Sheriff's Station
Timezone: GMT+3
LS-RP Forum Name: Skrollz

Post by Raymond_Sorrento » November 1st, 2020, 11:51 pm

Congratulations!
DEPUTY SHERIFF (BONUS II) RAYMOND SORRENTO
ASSISTANT FIELD SERGEANT, EAST LOS SANTOS SHERIFF'S STATION
RECRUIT TRAINING UNIT SERGEANT, TRAINING BUREAU
WEAPONS TRAINING UNIT SERGEANT, TRAINING BUREAU
LOS SANTOS COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT — "A TRADITION OF SERVICE "

Rodney_Barrett
LSSD Field Staff
LSSD Field Staff
IG Names‏‏‎: Rodney_Barrett
Employee Nr: 21341
Assignment: Special Operations Division
Timezone: GMT +2
LS-RP Forum Name: Ace

Post by Rodney_Barrett » November 1st, 2020, 11:52 pm

Congratulations!
DEPUTY SHERIFF (BONUS I) RODNEY BARRETT
EAST LOS SANTOS SHERIFF'S STATION

Kamron_Crayton
LSSD Command Staff
LSSD Command Staff
Employee Nr: 19091
Assignment: Administrative Services Division
Timezone: GMT-5
LS-RP Forum Name: dom

Post by Kamron_Crayton » November 1st, 2020, 11:53 pm

Congratulations, great work everyone.
DIVISION CHIEF KAMRON CRAYTON
Administrative Services Division

Malcolm_Gardner
LSSD Supervisory Staff
LSSD Supervisory Staff
IG Names‏‏‎: Malcolm_Gardner
Employee Nr: 12038
Assignment: Aero Bureau
Timezone: UTC
LS-RP Forum Name: Meduza

Post by Malcolm_Gardner » November 1st, 2020, 11:54 pm

Congratulations.
LIEUTENANT MALCOLM GEORGE GARDNER
Flight Operations Lieutenant, Aero Bureau

Nicholas_Edson
LSSD Field Staff
LSSD Field Staff
Employee Nr: 21911
Assignment: Santa Clara Valley Sheriff's Station
LS-RP Forum Name: slaygod

Post by Nicholas_Edson » November 2nd, 2020, 12:00 am

Congratulations.
Deputy Sheriff Nicholas Edson
Patrol Deputy, Santa Clara Valley Sheriff's Station
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service".

Akila_Calithea
LSSD Field Staff
LSSD Field Staff
IG Names‏‏‎: Akila_Calithea
Employee Nr: 21825
Assignment: Aero Bureau
Timezone: UTC(GMT)+3
LS-RP Forum Name: skywake

Post by Akila_Calithea » November 2nd, 2020, 12:07 am

I'm no. 2 nolifer confirmed.
DEPUTY SHERIFF (BONUS I) Akila Calithea